Karwa Chauth 2023: husbands, follow these guidelines
Karwa Chauth 2023: husband's guide to dos and don'ts during wife's fast
Karwa Chauth, a Hindu festival celebrated mainly in northern and western India, is approaching on November 1. On this day, married women fast from sunrise to moonrise, praying for their husbands' well-being and longevity. In modern times, husbands also fast for their wives' long lives. Here are some essential dos and don'ts for husbands to support their wives during this meaningful observance.
1. Ensure a Healthy Meal: Before the fast begins, make sure your spouse eats a healthy, energy-rich meal, focusing on carbohydrates.
2. Stay Hydrated: Ensure she's properly hydrated with enough water, lassi, chaach, or coconut water to prevent fatigue and headaches.
3. Quality Time: Spend quality time with your wife. Take a break if possible to show your love and appreciation.
4. Express Gratitude: Recognize and express your gratitude for her efforts and sacrifices during the fast.
5. Active Participation: While you're not fasting, avoid eating elaborate meals in front of her as a sign of respect.
1. Keep Her Mind Off Food: Plan activities or distractions during mealtime to keep her mind busy and focused elsewhere.
2. No Pressure: Avoid pressuring your wife to fast: If she can't or chooses not to, support her decision.
3. Maintain Positivity: On this special day, avoid arguments or negativity, creating a happy and harmonious atmosphere at home.
4. Consider Health: If she's unwell, pregnant, or has underlying health issues, don't make her fast. Consult her doctor if necessary.
Karwa Chauth is not just about fasting; it's a day for mutual love and support between spouses. By following these dos and don'ts, you can make the day even more special for your wife.